Thursday, February 26, 2009

What does it mean to be a phony, according to Holden? Is Holden himself guilty of being a phony? Explain

To be a phony means to be not true to your self and everything you stand for. According to Holden to be a phony means to act stupid and to not act the way Holden thinks they should. Holden calls alot of people phonies, but he never says it to their face. I think that Holden will never call people phonies to their face because he is scared that he will get hurt if he tells them. I think that Holden is the biggest phony of all the people he has called phonies because he does not stay true to anything that he says or does. He tells everyone that he has had sex with many girls, but as we find out later he actually has never had sex with any girl. Holden is a compulsive liar and I don't buy any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment